Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Mmmmm Bacon!

One night last week, I was wandering my kitchen cursing myself for not pulling something out of the freezer.  "Oh I could make....nope, missing things.  What about....nope...missing stuff again."  Finally I decided on breakfast for dinner, BRINNER!  French toast and bacon to be exact.  I cooked up all of the bacon and 6 pieces of eggy spiced up yummies.  SO.  MUCH.  BACON.  What do you do with leftover bacon??

I'll tell you what to do with it, make BLT's! Oh, wait, I'm out of bread now...not to mention I also don't have the L or the T!

Casserole?  What else do I have?  Pre-cooked chicken, frozen veggies, pasta...  Ok, this can work!  Here is what I used:

Chicken Bacon Casserole

1 frozen cooked chicken breast (boneless/skinless)
2 small frozen cooked chicken thighs (boneless/skinless)
leftover bacon (I had thick cut about 6 slices)
rendered bacon grease
frozen peas/carrots (eh, a cup-ish?)
penne (hmm, 1/2 a box?)
cream of "flavor here" soup (I used broccoli cheese)
milk (depends on how goopy or runny you want it)
season to taste

Here is what I did:

Thaw and heat that frozen chicken in the bacon grease (YUM).  Chop up the bacon, 2/3 big, 1/3 small. Cube up the heated chicken.  Mix together veggies, big bacon pieces, soup, milk, seasonings.  Add chicken, then add penne.  I also added some extra shredded cheese.  I topped it with bread crumbs and ground flax, the small chopped bacon, and a little more cheese (we are cheese people).

Pop that bad boy in the oven at 375* for around 30 mins or until bubbly and browning.

I also rocked out this easy recipe off of Allrecipes.com for quick yeast rolls.  GREAT rolls!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick-Yeast-Rolls/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=quick%20yeast%20rolls&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

I wish I could remember to take pictures of these meals...

No comments:

Post a Comment